To kick off the New Year right, the IFIC Foundation explored what resolutions people make, or if they even change anything at all.
Turns out, fewer people are making resolutions than you might think. According to the 2015 Food and Health Survey, just 29 percent of respondents made a New Year’s resolution for 2015.
The good news is that those who did make a resolution were ambitious and stuck to them. By March, an impressive 92 percent claimed they were still following their resolutions. What did those New Year’s resolutions consist of? According to the survey, 84 percent pertained to diet or exercise, with the remaining 16 percent related to other priorities.
Millennials (18- to 34-year-old respondents) were leading the charge when it comes to making New Year’s resolutions in 2015. Millennials were far more likely to make a resolution, with 46 percent of them doing so, versus 29 percent of the general population. The subjects of their resolutions regarding diet and exercise, as well as attrition rates of maintaining their resolutions, was similar.