Makes 1 serving
WHAT’S IN IT?
1 ounce baked or 40% less-fat tortilla chips (about 15 chips; check the label!)
1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican-style cheese
3 tablespoons rinsed, drained canned pinto beans
1 tablespoon chopped green onion (about 1/2 green onion—use just the green part!)
1/4 cup of your favorite salsa
STUFF YOU NEED
Lunch-size, microwave-safe plate
Dry measuring cups
Liquid measuring cup
HOW TO PUT IT TOGETHER
1. Scatter the chips onto a lunch-size microwave-safe plate.
2. Sprinkle the shredded cheese from a measuring cup on top of the chips.
3. Plop the beans and then the green onions from a measuring spoon on the cheese.
4. Microwave the nachos on high for 45 seconds, or until the cheese just melts.
5. While the nachos are nuking, measure the salsa into a liquid measuring cup.
6. When ready, remove the plate from the microwave with potholders, just in case the plate is hot.
7. Serve the platter of Nuked Nachos with a tiny bowl of salsa on the side!
WHY IT’S GOOD FOR YOU
310 Calories, 12 g Total Fat, 7 g Saturated Fat, 35 mg Cholesterol, 1120 mg Sodium, 36 g Total Carbohydrates, 5 g Dietary Fiber, 3 g Sugars, 14 g Protein, 10% Vitamin A, 2% Vitamin C, 30% Calcium, 10% Iron
These nachos are calcium-packed! You’re on your way to building…