Makes 4 servings
WHAT’S IN IT?
4 (8-inch) celery stalks
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons currants
2 tablespoons apricot bits or 6 dried apricots sliced into mini “worm-like” pieces
STUFF YOU NEED
Dry measuring cups
4 snack-size plates
HOW TO PUT IT TOGETHER
1. Sit the celery stalks down on a cutting board. Saw each celery stalk in half with a cutting knife to make eight (4-inch) pieces.
2. With a butter knife, spread the peanut butter from its measuring cup in each piece of celery. These are your “logs.”
3. On top of the peanut butter, sprinkle the currants (“baby ants”) and apricots (“worms” or “larvae”) straight from their measuring spoon.
4. Lay two Insect-Infested Logs onto each plate.
5. Take a bite—if you’re not too grossed out! They’re weirdly wonderful!
WHY IT’S GOOD FOR YOU
220 Calories, 16 g Total Fat, 3.5 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 190 mg Sodium, 14 g Total Carbohydrates, 3 g Dietary Fiber, 9 g Sugars, 9 g Protein, 8% Vitamin A, 6% Vitamin C, 4% Calcium, 6% Iron
You’re telling me that after this bite of celery hits my stomach it’s going to travel 24 feet through my intestines?!?! No way!
In the Loop with Your Intestines