The 2015 Expo – formerly known as the World’s Fair – will take place in Milan, Italy. The theme will be “Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life,” with subthemes including:
- Science and technology for food safety, security and quality
- Science and technology for agriculture and biodiversity
- Innovation in the agro-food supply chain
- Dietary education
- Food for better lifestyles
- Food and culture
- Cooperation and development on food
So far, 147 countries are planning to participate in the Expo, including the United States. The goal of the USA Pavilion is to “use state-of-the-art digital media and other novel approaches to showcase American leadership and innovation in global food security, agriculture, and cuisine and lay the seeds for enhanced trade and investment between the United States and Italy in this sector, so important to the cultural heritage of both nations.”
Features of the USA Pavilion:
- A Path of Food from Farm to Table Back to Farm – Guests will journey from farm to table and back to the farm through interactive exhibits that highlight five key steps: Grow, Process and Distribute, Cook and Prepare, Serve, and Recycle.
- Food Truck Nation – Food trucks will journey across the US in promotion of the USA Pavilion and then tour around Milan. The USA Pavilion will have replicas at the Pavilion serving food.
- Manifesto Project -Lessons learned and bright ideas from the Expo will play out in a meaningful post event manifesto that will inspire action in food safety, production, nutrition, and sustainability.
With an estimated 20 million people expected to attend and hundreds of millions more – including students – participating virtually in food-related conversations around the world, Expo Milano 2015 represents a great opportunity for the U.S. to share its amazing and diverse food story.
For more information, check out the USA Pavilion website: http://www.usapavilion2015.net/