Funding and Governance:
- The majority of our funding for the IFIC Foundation comes from IFIC which is a 501(C)(6) organization.
- We do not speak for or represent, any company, industry, product or brand.
- We are nonpartisan and do not endorse any political party, elected official, or candidate for elective office. We do not provide contributions to political campaigns, hold fundraisers, or have a Political Action Committee (PAC).
- We do not lobby or advocate for legislation or regulations.
- We do not endorse products or accept advertising.
Fulfilling our mission:
- The IFIC Foundation’s mission is to communicate science-based information on nutrition, agriculture, food safety and health in a transparent and actionable way that enables people to make informed choices.
Furthering scientific values:
- The IFIC Foundation is committed to promoting the values of transparency, honesty and scientific integrity. Foundation communications are based on peer-reviewed science that reflects the views of the scientific community at large.
Understanding the public:
- Insights drawn from consumer research are fundamental to effectively reaching the public. The IFIC Foundation researches consumer attitudes and behaviors and makes the findings and the funding of the research public. The IFIC Foundation often works in partnerships across sectors on its research and encourages input from government agencies, NGOs, academics and professional organizations.
Informing the public dialogue:
- The IFIC Foundation translates and shares the science behind issues related to nutrition, agriculture, food safety and health with interested stakeholders, agencies and the public.
- The IFIC Foundation submits public comments and provides testimony on relevant food and public health issues using IFIC Foundation consumer research data as the framework for this input.
Engaging with key scientific experts and key organizations:
- Collaboration with credible, independent and recognized organizations and experts is critical in providing the most accurate information to the public. The IFIC Foundation enlists these stakeholders for input, collaborates with experts on its consumer research and serves as a convener and partner with key stakeholders. Additionally, the IFIC Foundation leverages the expertise of its Board of Trustees drawn from the academic, government and private sector communities.
Connecting the experts:
- The public benefits from food, nutrition, agriculture and food safety expertise. The IFIC Foundation identifies and connects well-qualified individuals, academics and organizations to journalists seeking the most credible and current scientific knowledge.