The International Food Information Council Foundation presents…
Kanny Kitchen: Food Safety Basics for a Hectic Life
Food Safety Education Month
Contact Brittany Mountjoy at 202-296-6540 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Food Information Council (IFIC) Foundation invites to you to participate in Food Safety Education during the month of September. This year’s theme “Kanny Kitchen: Food Safety Basics for a Hectic Life,” emphasizes the importance of food safety year around to keep you and your family safe and healthy.
During September, the IFIC Foundation is hosting a series of events to promote the importance of food safety and why it matters to moms, parents, and everyone across the entire food chain.
On September 17 from noon to 1:30 pm EST, IFIC Foundation participated in an educational webinar hosted by USDA FSIS. The webinar “Food Safety 101: Every Day Application” featured consumer insights from the 2014 IFIC Foundation Food and Health Survey. We reviewed consumer perceptions regarding food safety and examine trends in safe food handling practices. .
After completing this CPE program, participants will be able to:
- Understand consumers’ current knowledge, attitudes, and/or behaviors on food safety;
- Identify opportunities for applying consumer research to improve food safety communications to enhance public health,
- Dispel common myths about safe food handling
- Gain valuable insights about USDA’s meat and poultry hotline to answer common consumer questions about safe food handling
- Enhance knowledge about credible food safety resources.
Suggested Learning Codes*:
- 4000 Wellness and Public Health
- 6000 Education, Training, and Counseling
- 9020 Evaluation and application of research
* Please note that although learning codes are listed above for this program, you may use any learning code if it is applicable.
On September 25 from 7-8 pm EST, we are also hosting a Twitter Chat, which will be moderated by Melissa Joy Dobbins (@MelissaJoyRD), a Registered Dietitian, mom, nutrition and food safety expert, and accompanied by the Partnership for Food Safety Education (@Fight_BAC). We encourage moms, health professionals, educators, food safety experts, and more to join us and discuss food safety tips for a busy lifestyle.
Make sure to follow us @Foodinsight!!
The IFIC Foundation’s blog and Facebook and Pinterest pages will be a hub of activity and the source of the latest publications and other information about Food Safety Month. There will be several new blogs posted throughout the month, along with practical tips to keep food safe.
Food safety is a shared responsibility, and we hope that you will join us in September to discuss the importance of food safety and to celebrate our safe and abundant food supply here in the US.
The International Food Information Council Foundation is dedicated to the mission of effectively communicating science-based information on health, nutrition and food safety for the public good. The IFIC Foundation is supported primarily by the broad-based food, beverage and agricultural industries. Visit http://www.foodinsight.org.