The International Food Information Council (IFIC) Foundation has developed a Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)-approved continuing professional education (CPE) online program, “Food & Agricultural Biotechnology: Health Impacts in Developing Nations.”
If you are a registered dietitian or a dietetic technician, registered, simply follow the instructions to earn one CPE credit hour following your successful completion of the CPE questions.
After completing this home-study CPE program, participants will be able to:
- Describe agricultural biotechnology applications currently utilized or being studied for use in developing nations.
- Identify biotechnology’s role in food quality and availability, economic development, and the health of farm workers.
- Describe guidance from international authorities regarding safety testing and regulation of agricultural biotechnology.
- Compare and contrast examples of uses and regulation of agricultural biotechnology in specific developing nations and world regions.
Suggested Learning Codes*:
2040 Food Science, Genetically Modified Food
3020 Assessment of Target Groups, Populations
4070 Food Security & Hunger
8018 Environmental, Agricultural, & Technologic Influences on Food Systems
* Please note that although learning codes listed above for this program, you may use any learning code if it is applicable.
Instructions for Participants:
Step 1. Please click here to register for this free CPE self-study module.
Step 2. Read the program objectives for “Food & Agricultural Biotechnology: Health Impacts in Developing Nations” home study CPE program.
Step 3. Read and view the “Food & Agricultural Biotechnology: Health Impacts in Developing Nations” slide presentation for health professionals, including the accompanying presentation script that explains the subject matter in depth.
You can view or download a PDF of the presentation and accompanying script through the link below. (Save the presentation to your computer by right-clicking on the link and choosing “save target as.”)
Step 4. Review the CPE questions (PDF) for “Food & Agricultural Biotechnology: Health Impacts in Developing Nations” home-study CPE program to ensure you have met the program objectives. When you are finished, view the CPE Quiz Answers (PDF).
Step 5. Follow this link to provide an on-line evaluation of this CPE Module.
Step 6. Download the Certificate of Completion (PDF) and put it in your files to verify completion of the CPE program and to receive one CPE credit hour.
Food & Agricultural Biotechnology: Health Impacts in Developing Nations CPE Module References