The International Food Information Council Foundation has recently updated a Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)-approved continuing professional education (CPE) online program on the subject of carbohydrates and health.
If you are a registered dietitian or a dietetic technician, registered, simply follow the instructions to earn one CPE credit hour following your successful completion of the CPE questions.
- Describe the forms, digestion, and metabolism of carbohydrates and fiber.
- Identify the health effects of various carbohydrates, fiber, and whole grain foods.
- Explain glycemic index and glycemic load.
- Identify dietary carbohydrate recommendations.
- Utilize consumer research to develop effective communications about carbohydrates.
Suggested Learning Codes*:
2020 Composition of Foods, Nutrient Analysis
2070 Macronutrients: Carbohydrates, Fat, Protein, Fiber, Water
6000 Education, Training, and Counseling
* Please note that although learning codes are listed above for this program, you may use any learning code if it is applicable.
Instructions for Participants:
Step 1. Please click here to register for this free CPE self-study module.
Step 2. Read the program objectives for this CPE program as listed above.
Step 3. Access and read the Power Point presentation (PDF), “All About Carbohydrates and Health.” You can view or download the presentation through this link.
Step 4. Review and answer the questions (PDF) for the “All About Carbohydrates and Health” presentation to ensure you have met the program objectives. When you are finished, view the CPE Quiz Answers (PDF).
Step 5: Follow this link to provide an on-line evaluation of this CPE Module.
Step 6. Download the Certificate of Completion (PDF) and put it in your files to verify completion of the CPE program and to receive one CPE credit hour.
– See more at: http://ific.browsermedia.com/All_About_Carbohydrates_and_Health_CPE_Program_Introduction#sthash.MniaaagV.dpuf